Your home is your castle; you love arriving home at night, after work, to relax, and you also cherish entertaining your friends and family in a place you are proud of and makes you happy, and suddenly, one day, you make the decision: your home needs a makeover.
Of course, your first impulse is to DIY. Who knows your style better than you? So you decide to hit Home Depot with a long list of materials, certain that you’ll be able to do it in a flash! Everything is fine until you face reality; hundreds of choices everywhere, and you end up disoriented amid an ocean of furniture and fixtures that suddenly look exactly the same.
Before you decide to venture into interior design, consider the following aspects and judge for yourself if going solo is the best way to go, for your wallet. Contrary to what you may think, hiring a professional interior designer may save you lots of money when remodeling your home.
- Interior design requires a great deal of time; do you have the time?
- Have you bought beautiful furniture in the past only to arrive home and rack your brains as to where to put it to match the rest or stand out?
- Is it easy for you to decide between hundreds or thousands of colors or fabrics at a shop?Â Have you made choices that ended up frustrating you?
- Have you got a picture of the perfect bathroom, or living room, or kitchen, and yet you donâ€™t know how to make it fit your space?
- Does everyone at home like what you like?
- Are you planning on taking down walls, joining rooms or installing light fixtures?Â Do you know someone who can do this for you and do it right?
- Do you need custom furniture or cabinets?
- Do you want your home to be different in its own special way but without spending too much?
- If your home is new, would you like to be sure that what you have in mind works for the space?
These are just some of the many considerations of why hiring an interior designer in Seattle may be the best way to go. A professional has the knowledge and experience to guide you and stop you from making mistakes and bad choices that will cost you money. She will also save you lots of time, as she possesses the best resources readily available to work. An interior designer will put a wide array of resources at your service, some of which are only available through them. Think that you will have all the design selections researched and presented to you before the process begins, ensuring you get the home of your dreams, one that fits your lifestyle and taste to perfection.
Here are three reasons why hiring an interior designer is your best choice in terms of investment:
1. Big makeover projects require compliance with building codes and federal and state laws; you must know these to avoid expensive mistakes or even lawsuits.
2. An interior designer is knowledgeable on design theory and its technicalities. They know everything about technical drawings, materials specifications, construction systems, installations, environmental considerations and safety issues.
3. A professional, who will present a detailed cost projection that you can adjust as needed, will research your design project.
Interior design can be simple and successful. Be wise and hire someone who knows, someone who can give you peace of mind by knowing you will get what you have dreamed of for so long.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to post it to your site or blog and forward this link to your friends. Have a great day!
Don’t Forget to Subscribe by RSS or Email: