The most important element of a successful interior design project is a good plan. As your Seattle interior designer will explain, there are many aspects of a project to consider, such as the wise use of space, the right creation of atmosphere and the creation of a visually pleasing room. Bringing all of that together is, to say the least, a challenge. In order to arrive at that point successfully, a good interior designer will ask a lot of questions before drawing up a plan for any project. As a client, you should be ready with answers to those questions. That is your part in reaching the ultimate goal of that superbly designed space you’ve been dreaming of. Ask yourself this:
1. How will I be using this space most of the time? Will it be a room for activity, for relaxing, for working or perhaps a studio? Consider how it will be used for the majority of the time.
2. What other uses might I want to include in this space? If secondary uses are planned for this room, list them as well. Areas for different uses must be incorporated into the plan from the beginning.
3. Will this be a high traffic area, and if so, how do I envision people moving through this space? Study the location of this space to determine if it can be used as you would like without interrupting a natural traffic flow of your overall space. For example, designing a sun room sitting area that can only be accessed through the master bedroom may not be ideal if you plan to use the room for entertaining.
4. Will the overall plan include other rooms as well? If ultimately you want the project to include changes to other rooms, those changes should be laid out in the beginning even if the actual work is to be done at a later date.
5. What type of lighting do I want or need in this space? Do I need bright lights for games and activity, warm subtle light for quiet times, or perhaps some of each?
6. Will I need additional mechanical elements such as electrical, heating or plumbing? These aspects tend to be costly and in some cases structurally impossible to install. It’s best to know right from the start if that’s the case.
7. Will I need special noise reduction or sound enhancement elements incorporated into the design? For example, for a home theatre you may want to consider using materials that provide for better sound quality.
8. Do I want and, and is it possible to add extra windows or doors? You may want a window for enjoying beautiful sunsets but the room must be able to accommodate them.
9. What kind of feeling do I want the space to have? Here’s where paint color, fabrics and textiles can be used in different ways to create the perfect mood for the room.
10. What is my total budget for the project? It’s easy to get carried away when creating a dream space. Know your limit and stay within it.
If you liked this article, tell all your friends about it. They’ll thank you for it. If you have a blog or website, you can link to it or even post it to your own site (don’t forget to mention www.amelydesigns.com as the original source).
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.